Thursday, February 16, 2012

Mortal Instruments Books 2-4- Casandra Clare

I started the first of these books earlier last summer, but only just got to reading the latest three this winter. It took me a little while to get going in the second book since I had to remember what had happened in the first one, but once I got going, I couldn't put it down. Luckily, the library had three and four available as soon as I got done with the next one.

Clary is a Shadow Hunter. She was born to kill demons. Her father is an evil Shadowhunter trying to (basically) take over the world. The guy Clary had a huge crush on, she finds out, is apparently her brother. The closest thing Clary has to a father is a werewolf and her best friend turns into a vampire.

There are many intense fighting sequences throughout these books and every time you think you're about to have a good stopping place, something else happens that makes you want to read more.

The book is thrilling, adventurous, heartwarming, and sexy without being inappropriate. If you're into YA paranormal, these books are a great read. Fast too. The next book comes out in May. I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment