Friday, February 17, 2012

Skinny Bitch- Rory Freedman and Kim Barnouin

i picked up this book at the library thinking it would help and inspire me to eat healthier and lose weight.

I was very wrong. The writing is unique in that there quite a bit of swearing throughout. The first few chapters are no-nonsense about eating junk food, so I thought I was off to a good start. However after those few chapters, each chapter becomes a lecture on how meat and poultry are manufactured. These two (both were at one time models, only one actually has a degree) insist that the only way to become skinny is to become a vegetarian, if not vegan. Give up all meat, poultry and dairy. Completely.

Yes, according to these two, the treatment of animals being slaughtered is pretty gruesome, but don't try and sell a book about being skinny and then just feed me lines about that part. I picked up the book to read about being skinny, not about animal mistreatment.

They had a few good points, but overall, this book was a waste of my time.

No comments:

Post a Comment